Wednesday 12 January 2011

My Taster sessions

This past week I have had some taster sessions at my venues in Glenfield, Birstall and Oadby.

All Baby classes had plenty of parents/grandparents with babies, it is a joy to see so many dedicated people coming to my classes learning some starter signs such as milk, drink, all gone, pain/hurt and more. Such signs are crucial to a babies first year in life and as the term progresses the families will learn more and more signs. 50 of the signs are what we call the core signs but also there are a 100 extra signs plus ones I know as I have studied British Sign Language and currently working on my Level 2 201 assessment.
The class is an hour long with 30 minutes dedicated to signing along to popular songs and nursery rhymes followed with 30 minutes social time.

The Toddler classes are for toddlers 18months and older and these sessions are very lively and filled with structure and songs and language development. We have parachute signed book time and instruments too.

My tasters this week were fantastic, many came back for more and lots of new faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment